Sunday, July 5, 2015

榴莲冰淇淋蛋糕 Melted Durian Ice Cream Cake

Following my recent success in making a 4 ingredient cake with melted ice cream, I decided to go for another by using durian ice cream as I was feeling nostalgic during the durian season of our home country. 
自从我上星期找到用现成雪糕制作的蛋糕后, 昨天心又痒痒了起来便去购买了榴莲口味的冰淇淋来制做个榴莲蛋糕吧!


The durians sold in Jakarta, somehow, never succeeded in luring me into buying them. In my opinion, the durians lack the pungent durian fragrance as what I would expect from it. Even by standing next to any durian stalls or durian selling counters at supermarket, I could hardly detect any smell of it.  To be on the safe side, I bought a box of locally made durian ice cream to test making the durian cake. I randomly picked the least expensive brand as I wasn't sure how the cake would turn out.
早期当我在雅加达超级市场遇到有售卖榴莲时,都会走上前去探看。可惜次次都闻不到榴莲的香味而价格又贵。一般的普通品种榴莲价格于6-10美元一公斤。那天我也没刻意去选,心里因不很确定蛋糕的成功率所以便买了一盒最廉价的榴莲口味雪糕去试验。


Luckily this selected brand of durian ice cream smells fragrant enough to make me salivate from the smell of it. I promised myself that I would definitely make desserts from fresh durian flesh when I shift back to KL one day.
幸好做出来的蛋糕很香。 我告诉自己以后回马来西亚据住时一定会买新鲜榴莲来制作蛋糕,甜品。

Personally, I find the cake a bit compact and the texture seems more like the chinese kueh than cake. Despite that, I still received rave review from my regular food sampling critics. I think next time I shall try using the eggs separation method instead of lumping all mixture together. Maybe I might get a lighter cake.
对于这批制造出来的雪糕榴莲蛋糕我到是认为像粿多于蛋糕。看来下次我再试把蛋白蛋黄分隔搅拌再混合,相信效果会较好蛋糕应该会柔软些。















榴莲冰淇淋蛋糕 
Melted Durian Ice Cream Cake

Ingredients
260g Self Raising Flour 自发面粉
160g Castor Sugar 细糖
3/4 Tsp Salt 盐
900L Durian Ice Cream (melted)
60ml Vegetable Oil 植物油
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract 香草精
6 Large Eggs 温室回温妈鸡蛋 (At Room Temp) 



Directions:

Preheat oven at 175C degrees.
先把烤箱预热至175C度.

Line and grease the bottom of an 8 inch round cake pan.
取一个8寸圆形蛋糕模, 底下垫上塑胶纸。 纸上沫少许菜油。

In the bowl of a stand mixer, place eggs, sugar, salt and mix until combined. Stir in melted ice cream and continue mixing until thoroughly mixed. 
将鸡蛋,糖,盐加入搅拌器的钢盆中一起混合至均匀。 接着又拌入化榴莲冰淇淋继续搅拌至完全混合。

Add vegetable oil and vanilla extract respectively until evenly mix.
分别加入植物油和香草精搅拌混至完全混合。

Gently fold in sieved raising flour and mix until batter is smooth and lump free. 

轻轻的拌入过筛好的面粉拌匀,直到面糊光滑无结块。

Bake in preheated oven at 175C degrees for 30 mins. Reduce oven temperature to 160C and continue baking for another another 15mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
把面糊放入预热烤箱以175℃度烘烤25分钟,然后再调低烤箱的温度160℃继续烘烤10-15分钟或直到蛋糕完全熟透为至。

Remove from heat and unmould cake on the cooling rack. 
烘烤后马上把蛋糕脱模放在架上待凉.




No comments :

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...