Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pandan Chiffon Cake....... simple yet unresistable




It's been almost 3 years since I embarked on this wonderful and fulfilling journey of baking and photography. Looking back I still find it hard to believe how did I stay onto this hobby until today without wavering. 

For all that has been achieved, I must give all credits to my husband who has been my ever supportive food sampler. Not only did he not complain having to eat the same batch of bakes for several days in order to finish the entire lot since the entire household only consist of 3 persons, hubby, me and the maid. So the most badly ones are my hubby and maid since I hardly touch (eat) my bakes, as I would normally be worn out by the end of the day baking with bread kneading, cake baking and photography.

This recipe and photograph was one of my earlier batch of baking works. I don't quite remember where did I get the recipe from but somehow it was posted on my Facebook among the thousands of photos I stored there. 

This is a relatively simple and straight forward chiffon cake recipe yielding good outcome. Feel free to try out.

   
Pandan Chiffon Cake
Ingredients:

5 Grade A Eggs (Separated)
100g Castor 
60g Corn oil
1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
90g Cake flour
20g Corn flour
1/4 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tbsp Pandan leave juice
1 Tsp green food colouring (Optional)
60ml Thick coconut milk



Method
  • Separate Egg Yolks and Whites. Sift Cake flour, cornflour and baking powder together. Mix Pandan leave juice, thick coconut milk and green food colouring together.
  • Add 1/2 of the sugar to the egg yolks and beat till creamy and fluffy. Add in 1/3 of the coconut milk mixture and mix well. Add in 1/3 of flour mixture.
  • Continue with another 1/3 of the coconut milk and 1/3 of the flour mixture. Repeat until coconut and flour are used up. Add in salt, vanilla extract and corn oil and gently mix well.
  • In a separate (Clean, dry and oil free) bowl, beat egg whites till foamy. Add in remaining sugar and continue to beat till firm peaks are formed.
  • Take 1/3 of the egg white and add to the batter. Gently fold in to mix well. Add remaining egg whites to the batter and continue to fold in to mix well.
  • Pour batter into chiffon cake mould. Gently knock the sides of the mould to release air bubbles.
  • Bake in preheated oven at 160degrees C for about 60mins. Remove from oven, invert the mould and set aside to cool for 30 mins.

No comments :

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...